The NCC has its own set of climate zones that are much broader than the NatHERS climate zones. There are eight NCC climate zones. The following provides a brief description of each NCC climate zone:
- Climate zone 1 – High humidity summer, warm winter
- Climate zone 2 – Warm humid summer, mild winter
- Climate zone 3 – Hot dry summer, warm winter
- Climate zone 4 – Hot dry summer, cool winter
- Climate zone 5 – Warm temperate
- Climate zone 6 – Mild temperate
- Climate zone 7 – Cool temperate
- Climate zone 8 – Alpine
These eight climate zones were created using Bureau of Meteorology climatic data with two supplementary zones added to accommodate an additional temperate zone and alpine area. The climate zone boundaries are also aligned with local government areas and are therefore subject to change from time to time.
The dashboards here use an approximate NCC climate zone mapping based on the postcode and may differ from the official NCC climate zone for a particular location, so use as a guide only and use the official NCC climate zone map for regulatory purposes.